Wednesday 10 July 2013

Visiting Noemi Zonta

Noemi will exhibit on JEFF, she is a young painter from Koper. Now we are going to give you some sentences about Noemi and our first impressions of her. 


Finding paths between classical school and modern art

We did mainly theoretical things at the art high school (Umetniški gimnaziji Koper). It was a kind of academical and classical education, we didn’t cover modern art. However, I’m interested in modern art – it’s important to be able to create classical things, to know the rules, the history, but then I think now the world needs something new and fresh.
I was planning to go to the Academy of Fine Arts to Ljubljana but because it seems to be too classical, finally I decided to learn something else, film or design. I am doing animations, illustrations and graphics too, I got many inspirations from films (I especially like Kubrick and Xavier Dolan). My art has still a very wide scale; it’s a mixture of everything from a kind of impressionism through classical paintings of bodies until working with stencils. I’m just searching the right direction for me.

We could really observe the big variety of Noemi’s work. There is a bluish painting in the blue kitchen with some white sailboats, there is a small one of a tree (5 cm canvas) and there are others, highly abstract, pieces of an imaginary cartoon…



 Time and space

I don’t think that Koper and its surroundings inspire me. Maybe the sea or sometimes the landscape. Here the situation is quite bad; there are few opportunities to meet other artists or to have an exhibition. I want to live in a bigger place where I can build new relationships with artists, I’m planning to go abroad a bit. I hope from now I will have more time to paint because at school I had many other subjects. Now I can concentrate on painting, this is what I want to do.
My works are from imaginary cartoons and from a fantasy world; they are not from a well defined space and time. I don’t like when something is too realistic, I prefer abstract paintings.

Noemi is working in the small garage of their house and she would like to find more galleries in which she can exhibit. Her neighbors don’t really know she is painting but the young people in Koper and Izola know her works in some degree. The time has come to extend her experiences in time and space – it seems this starts at JEFF.

  

Noemi Zonta's work will be exhibited on 10th, 17th and 24th July, on the JEFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment